Friday 24 May 2013

First Hand accounts of the Battle

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=qEZfYRuZLJQC&pg=PA253&lpg=PA253&dq=map+of+la+belle+famille&source=bl&ots=IX9d8VdTaZ&sig=utBw7E17UMyGYYqgfSCd0O3jS6I&hl=en&sa=X&ei=P4-cUfmoCKvu0gWIioGoDg&ved=0CC4Q6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=map%20of%20la%20belle%20famille&f=true

Lieutenant-Colonel Eyre Massy who was in command of the 464 Redcoats wrote a trio of letters after the skirmish.
have a read of the linked book it gives a great feel of the era.
Peace James

4 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Frans Blog (Angry Lurker) Let me know if I can offer and distant support for the charity game. Best Wishes Clint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Clint we will be in touch
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a small donation and would be very keen on painting some figs for the event - I was planning on crossing the pond to go to Salute in 2014 but will likely change that to attend this event - sounds like a lot of fun!

    Great idea
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recognize any of these people...

    ReplyDelete