Tuesday 28 May 2013

And So it Grows

Good morning Bloggers,
                                         It has been just a little over a week since this blog went live and an idea became a plan. First I want to say a big thank you to all who have taken time to link their own blogs to this one and those who have given shout outs on their own blogs. I think if I ever doubted this was an idea you would get behind this week has blown that away. I have had people take the time to donate (see top right) and others who have had big things going on in real life but still taken time out to comment /share and interact with me and this blog.
  It is not just bloggers that have been emailing me yesterday I heard from Iain from Flags Of War  I hope he does not mind me sharing this email.
""Hey guys,

Just seen the details of this and think it's a great idea. I know it's a
skirmish but if you need any flags for your Units just let me know and
they are yours. I do all the flags for the FIW.

Iain""

I can say right now that we will be making sure all our Regular troops will be carring unit standards. I plan to do a few posts over the year giving a little history about the units involved in this battle and hopefully (if I can find it) information about the Commanders involved.

We are already getting a long list of Bloggers/gamers lining up to offer painting skills but we still want as many to get involved as possible. If you might be holding back because you do not feel you can paint whole units please be assured we have several individuals who will need painting. If you worry that your painting is not good enough do not hold back I am more that happy to help anyone with advice and tips and I can even offer 1-on-1 painting sessions if you do not live to far away or can get to a local wargames show. TBH I would even be happy to use the internet (Skype etc) to offer help and advice. If you still feel underskilled another option is to paint the block colors on the figures and send them back where we will finish them off for you. I guess I am trying to say do not hold back if you want to help we will find some thing for you to do.

Once again Thank you one and all for taking up this idea and runing with it.
Peace James





Its easy to do so why don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment